Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flying Solo

There are so many great things about Dustin being a high school band director.  I love hearing the concerts, going to the football games and having a great supply of babysitters!  One of the challenges is the time I spend with it being just me and the kids.  This weekend was one of those long weekends where it was just that!  The band went to Universal Studios for their spring trip.  They left early Friday evening and got back Tuesday.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little overwhelmed at the thought of it being just me with two kids.  But there was a birthday party on Saturday to go to and I had some other things in mind that I wanted to do.  Of course things couldn't go as planned though... I ended up starting to feel sick on Wednesday and wouldn't you know, I felt awful by the time Friday rolled around.  I had hardly any voice and I was feeling pretty miserable.  I'm so happy that my kids are good sleepers because I may have gone to bed around 9:00 each night and was able to get some decent sleep.  I really just wanted to take nyquil, but was afraid that one of them would wake up and I wouldn't wake up with them.

Of course both my mom and Dustin's mom offered to come up and help, but me, being the stubborn one that I am, said I could handle it.  I did and we were all fine, but I'm pretty sure I should have just swallowed my pride and asked for help.

I digress... we ended up not going to the birthday party, but we did make it to the late service at church on Sunday. I took a sick day on Monday and didn't go to work, but I did take Rachel to the babysitters for a few hours so I could sleep and relax some.  I even managed staying awake for work on Tuesday even though I had to wake up at 4:30 in order to get all three of us ready and Rachel and Gavin to their different babysitters.  Oh yeah, we all ate and bathed too!

So although it isn't something I look forward to, flying solo isn't impossible.  I would just much rather have my man at my side!

No comments: