Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Once-A-Month Cooking...

Kind of, anyway. When I was pregnant with Rachel, I started making some meals ahead of time and freezing them so when I was exhausted after coming home from work, I didn't have to cook anything... all I had to do was throw a thawed-out meal in the oven (and some veggies and rolls too)! Since then I have done this on and off, depending on the season and how much time I've had. This week I have made quite a few meals in the attempt to eat at home more and have a variety of food available. Does anyone else get in a rut when cooking?

I say that I cooked this week, because that is how long it took me to prepare all of my meals, rather than the take-one-day-and-cook-the-whole-day approach. Life is a little harder when a 15 month old is running around, so I did all of my cooking after 7:30 when she was in bed!

So, here is a list of the meals that we made this week (Dustin helped out a lot- mostly because he wanted to help, but I think some to see exactly what was going into all these meals!):
Stuffed Shells (2 pans)
Lemon Chicken (2 meals)
Peppered Flank Steak
Beef Stroganoff (a lot more work than I was counting on- I hope it's good!)
Chicken Supreme
Itlian Chicken
Garlic Cheddar Chicken
Meat Loaf
Hamburgers Teriyaki
Fish packets
Sloppy Joes
Baked Spaghetti (which never actually made it into the freezer, but hey, we had to eat something this week!)
Chicken and Dumplings

Now, if I can just remember to pull things out of the freezer ahead of time so they will be ready to be cooked when I get home from work!

1 comment:

April and Brad said...

That sounds like a great idea!! And share the recipes b'c they sound amazing :)