Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Nana's Birthday!

Nana and Grandpa usually visit my parents in Chesapeake for a few weeks during the year. This year, their visit happened to be over Nana's 79th birthday! Mom asked if we thought we would be able to go over there to celebrate with them. We had just traveled over there for Christmas, and it can be a long trip with a certain little youngster who likes to run, but we decided to head on over. I honestly don't remember the last time that we were all together- I know it was before kids though. So nobody told Nana and Grandpa (or Blake) that we were going to be there. I let Dad know when we were a couple miles away and he asked if we could stop at the neighbors house so he could get Rachel out. He snuck out of the house, picked up Rachel and snuck back in and just sat down in the living room holding Rachel. They were so surprised!

The whole clan. This family portrait took a little while to set up, but turned out great! The hardest part, of course, was getting Blake and Rachel to look at the camera at the same time. If anyone made a sound, one or the other would turn around right as the picture took.

Our little family... Rachel was a little over-stimulated!

Nana and I playing Just Dance 2! She was pretty good!

Mom and me gettin' our groove on...er... something like that!

They were into bowling!

Brent and Dad would rather golf- party poopers!

Relaxing with Alli

Blake (and Zoe) helping Nana with her gifts

With the great-grandkids

Just the kids- I love this picture!


Oops, they started moving and poor Alli got stuck!


This captures the weekend- Blake with a whistle, Rachel unloading her shopping cart into Mimi's arms, and a few people taking pictures.

I love that Blake is now the age of my students at school (hard to believe!). He loves my iPad and I love showing him all the cool apps I have. He's so much fun to play with!

Blake is pretty good at baseball!

Playing with his Daddy!

The weekend was a whirlwind, but so worth it. I love spending time with family and wish we could all get together more often.

No comments: