Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Not Again...

If you don't like personal information, go ahead and stop reading now! Rachel has been on just formula for about 3 weeks now. I was a little disappointed, but was not able to keep up with her since my infection before Christmas. So everything has been going fine, no problems. The transition was fine and I did not have any problems either. That is until late last week. I started getting a little sore so I took some Ibuprofen to help with swelling hoping that would help. Then of course the weekend came and I started getting a little inflamed. So, Monday morning I called my doctor and was able to get in that afternoon. (Thankfully without having to take time off of work) Because of my history of infections, she decided to send me to the surgeon again. Of course the surgeon that I saw before is out of the country for 3 weeks, so I had to go to a new one. This doctor was great too, but I was disappointed that I couldn't see the one who knows my history. I'm relieved that this time I didn't have to be lanced and packed! I did have to be "numbed" and he aspirated the infected areas. I'm on a few antibiotics and strong pain meds. Of course those knock me out, so I can't take them during the day. I'm still in a lot of pain now, but hopefully once all the medications get in me and start working I'll be feeling better. I have another appointment on Monday afternoon, hopefully just to make sure everything is fine.

1 comment:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello, I was wondering if your infection was mastitis, a bacterial infection of the breast? If so....many doctors don't inform the wonder of cabbage. This is not an old wives tales but fact. You keep cabbage in the fridge and use the cold leaves in your bra around the breast. Keep replacing them throwing the wilted away after use. It is so soothing.
Whenever unsure of anything...research on the net. Simply put in something like..."Help for mastitis"
As a (past) Registered Nurse I do know this treatments helps very much. As for other continual infections, your immune system is down. Get yourself onto echinacea, and garlic tablets...or go see a naturapath. Research these also.
Your baby is very beautiful. Glad to see you get her out into the fresh air and sunshine...very healthy. God bless you all.
Crystal Lindsey, Australia