Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Not Again (part 2 & 3)

Well, this has not been the best week in history for me. After last weeks aspiration procedure, I had a follow-up appointment on Monday afternoon. I was still in pain and I figured the doctor was going to have to do something again. I was right, unfortunately. This time it hurt a little more. He got 10 more cc's of junk out with hopes that I would be cleared. We set up another follow up appointment for Thursday afternoon. So, I went to my appointment knowing that I still had some infection. He gave me three choices on how to go about taking care of it. 1- try aspirating one more time. 2- lancing right then in the office with a local numbing agent (yeah, those hadn't worked so well in the past) or 3- schedule a surgery for the next day where I would be completely knocked out. I chose door number 3. I was tired of hearing the dr. talk about how big the cavity was and how sorry he was for hurting me. He also explained to me each time how the infected tissue didn't really numb that well... something I could have told him!
So this morning, I went in. Everything was fine, except for the fact that I couldn't eat or drink anything and I didn't actually get put out until about noon. They did have some trouble getting the IV in. They found the vein in my left hand, but it didn't take very well and I ended up having a huge bulge of fluid by my wrist. Take two on my right arm. That actually worked out a lot better, but is still a little sore. I am so glad I was put out this time. I woke up about an hour after they took me back into surgery and I immediately felt a lot of pain. We finally got home at 2:30 when I was able to eat a little and take some pain medication.
I'm still pretty sore and I can't pick Rachel up yet, but am confident that this will be the end! I have about a foot of packing in me right now that I can take out on Sunday. The Dr. said that if it's too painful for me to take out, he can do it at the follow up on Monday. I think I'll load up on pain meds and do it myself, slowly, thanks! The good news is, Dustin doesn't have to re-pack this time around!
In case you were wondering (like I am), the doctors don't know why this has been such an issue with me. For some reason that doesn't comfort me!
Also, Rachel was at the babysitters today during all of this. I am so thankful we have a friend watch her, because she offered to bring her home for us so Dustin didn't have to leave me to go and get her. (Thanks, Kathy!)

No comments: