Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Accomplishment

This weekend is a 4 day weekend for us! I really wish we could've had more snow days throughout the winter, but it was so nice not having to use our make up day on Friday! I have to admit... we were "those" parents on Friday though. You know, the ones who still took their kids to daycare and ran around to do some errands kid-free. I had a little bit of guilt, but it was so nice to take our time and not have a fussy-pants on our hands through a furniture store. Plus, it would have been a really tight fit in the car with a few of our purchases! And, Rachel really does enjoy playing with her friends.

Rachel's favorite purchase of ours... her new pool! It has already been a hot season, so we got her a little wading pool. We let her get in it while we were putting purchase #2 together. She splashed so much, even though the water was still really cold. I can't wait to let her really play in it!

My parents sent me money for patio furniture for my birthday. We just now got a chance to go and get it. (The box was much easier to fit in the car without a car seat in there!)

And finally...
Woo Hoo! Our new dining room table! (My Mother's day/every holiday coming up gift!) We had a hand-me-down table that we have been using since we got married. It was a very nice table and we really appreciated the table, but it was time for a new one. It is a few inches wider than our old one and the shape gives a lot more space, too. (The old one was oval and we had a hard time squishing more than 4 chairs around it) There is one more chair that it comes with, but there was a chip on one of the corners, so they're working on it for us.

I feel like we got so much done that I've been wanting to already, and the weekend is only half done! We did some other fun things too that will come in another post.

1 comment:

Brent and Kim said...

Glad you all had a productive weekend :) Your new table is beautiful. We will have to come try it out soon!