Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Busy, Busy!

I can't believe how time has flown this school year.  It has kind of been a bummer for weather this winter, so we haven't been able to get outside as much as I would have liked, but things are looking up!  

Dustin is working on getting his photography business up and running again.  He has a few things lined up for the next few weeks for his personal business, which we are really excited about.  Since Dad has been working at Lifetouch, he was able to let Dustin know of a contact to see about getting in with them also!  So within a few days of getting in touch with the right person, Dustin was out taking photos for the sports teams!  He's been working nearly every night since the deadlines for yearbooks are all quickly approaching.  He's still home about the same time as he was for marching band though.  He'll be doing prom photos coming up, too.  While Lifetouch doesn't give him his own business, it does not take as much time as his own photos- no editing!  God is working opening up all of the right doors at the right times for us (He knows what's best!).  

I finally ordered my blog book for last year.  I may have had to go quite a ways back and finish up some posts, but I did it!  While doing that, I spent a long time re-reading all about this past year and realizing that I need to do a much better job of keeping up to date.  (I think there may be a few family members that will be excited about that!)  

In other news, I finally went out and got an iPhone this week!  My last phone, although it was a SmartPhone, drove me absolutely crazy.  It had no memory and was pretty slow, and kept freezing up on me.  I'd have to delete things every couple weeks just so I could get incoming texts.  So I got an early Birthday/Mother's Day/Anniversary present and I love it!  Now, to get all my music and apps set up...

I've also really been trying to take care of myself better recently.  One bad thing about moving areas is the fact that we have had to find new doctors.  I did great with the kids pediatricians, had those appointments set up before we moved.  Us on the other hand, not so much.  So Rachel and I just went to the dentist (a post on that to come), and I have names of other doctors to get appointments set up!  I'm trying to get us all eating healthier and exercising more, too.  I'm not doing huge changes, but just trying to keep fresh fruits and vegetables in the house (a lot easier now that it's spring!), and use fewer prepared meals.  No, not all of my meals are super healthy, but they're better than frozen meals!  (Not saying that I never throw a frozen pizza in the oven either!)  Now to get back on track with my own freezer meals...  
Exercising has been a bit of a struggle this year with the weather being either cold or rainy or both.  I have been going over to my parents house some nights when Dustin gets home and the kids are in bed and using their treadmill, or doing some Jillian Michaels ab workouts!  (Geez, those are killers!)  Honestly, I have slacked off this week and I can tell.  

Last, but certainly not least, is my quiet time.  Devotions are something that I have always struggled with.  I know that my time with God is so important, and I know that I'm making excuses, but that always seems to take a back seat to the kids, or eating, and tv, and I don't even know what else.  But I do know that I am a much happier person after spending time with God (I know- duh!), and my kids need to know the importance of a quiet time to help shape them into godly little people as well.  And you know what- they and Dustin need to have a happy mommy and wife.  

So with all of that being said, I'm going to go get some sleep to take care of myself and my family the way I'm supposed to!

No comments: