Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's been a while...

So sorry for the lapse in time since my last post. Life has been busy the last few weeks! School has started and is going well. Dustin is extremely busy with having all of the band classes by himself, but he is doing great! The football season looks like it will be a short one this year, since we have yet to win a game. This is a good thing in a way for us, since Dustin's brother, Benji, is getting married the week after the regular season ends!

My class is a challenging one this year, but the kids are all very sweet. We've had a few medical emergencies, but everything has turned out fine. They definitely keep me on my toes! I am in the midst of taking my final class for my degree! It is a technology class and everything is completed online, so I don't have to actually go to class, which is a huge blessing. I have also signed up to take my comprehensive exam! I have a 10 page paper due the 15th of October, then my exam (which can take the whole day to complete) on October 22. It is exciting, yet stressful!

We were not able to take a Life Group (our church's version of Sunday School) together this semester because of schedules, but it has actually worked out pretty well. Dustin is in a group that meets on Sunday afternoons. They have a devotional then go mountain biking! He is loving it. I attend a woman's group on Wednesday afternoons. I am really enjoying the woman's fellowship time.

Rachel is doing great at Day Care. We are taking her to a lady who has been watching kids for about 25 years. She watches about 6 and lives pretty close to our house. Dustin takes her in the morning and she shows no signs of separation anxiety. Her first day, she actually pushed away from him to get to the floor to play with the other kids! She gets excited to see me in the afternoons, but after her initial smile and squeal, she continues playing with her friends. Who am I? Just her mom! I would much rather have it this way instead of her missing us and being grumpy.

No comments: